Wednesday, December 16, 2015

CoverGirl's Outlast Nail Polish: Star Wars Edition


 I promised you all I would write about CoverGirl's nail polish but then life stepped in the way: Mostly in the form of a proposing boyfriend and a pearl ring! Yes, Yours Truly is engaged! I'll be writing about that later, so stayed tuned. But today we talk about one of the most fun and self-expressive parts of self-care and beauty: nail polish. At least, nail polish should be fun but sometimes it's the devil frustrating. I, for one, could not get nail lacquer to stay immaculate to save my life, until I met CoverGirl's Outlast. You know if a nail polish can outlast Yours Truly it must be good. Or maybe it just uses The Force. Anyway, the color on the left is part of CoverGirl's Star Wars collection. Major nerd alert. 



These two are absolutely gorgeous. The deep red on the left is from Star Wars collection and is aptly entitled Nemesis. I literally bought it for the name. It's a deep, rich, purple-crimson which almost looks black in a certain light. Definitely a great stocking stuffer for the femme fatale in your life. 



On the right is a rose-gold-bronze, also from CoverGirl Outlast (not from Star Wars though.) It's a metallic, unlike the glossy but solid-toned Nemesis. The rose gold needs more coats than the Nemesis (3 versus 2) but nonetheless is plenty pigmented. It's not a wimpy metallic which needs 5 coats just to be visible on your nail--you know what I'm talking about. 


Yours Truly's verdict on CoverGirl's Outlast nail polish collection is 8 out of 10. The Nemesis lasted over a week with minor chipping which was easily enough touched up. The rose gold lasted less long, as metallics tend to do, but still survived a whopping 4 days. The colors are strong and tasteful. I recommend this product highly. The best part? The bottles are $5 or less at Walmart. Check it out here. The Star Wars nail polishes are sold out online at Walmart but maybe you can snag some remaining ones in-store. (EDIT: CoverGirl still has some in stock.) 

Any of you have an affordable (as in, found-in-walmart-affordable) beauty product you'd like me to review? Let me know in the comments!

Merry Christmas,
Yours Truly,
Monica :) 

1 comment:

  1. Great article! My sister loves Star Wars! I think this is a great Christmas present! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete