Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Women & their Wardrobes: With Kinsey


Meet Kinsey. She is a country music lover and blonde bombshell whose greatest hero is George Washington and whose secret ambition is to become a pilot. She is a multitalented woman who plays the piano, trains horses, rocks in powderpuff football and, oh yes, dresses like a boss. Kinsey's style is a mixture of cowgirl-meets-military, very classically feminine with a tomboyish edge. Today Kinsey shares two of her favorite looks from her wardrobe with Yours Truly: One denim-on-denim casual look and another, more formal, crochet dress and buckle-accented boots. For all those girls who love jeans and t-shirts, this one's for you. 

Body Type: Rodeo Queen
Height: 5’7
Spirit Animal: Red, white and blue eagle
Currently exploring: Message therapy
Favorite song: Made in America by Tobey Keith 


YT: Welcome to the blog, Kinsey! I love this denim-on-denim look. 


Can you tell us why you picked it?


Kinsey: I would live in denim if I could! Denim is the best. It’s durable and you can dress it up or down! 

YT: The embellishments on the collar are understated but add a pop to this otherwise simple outfit. 


Kinsey: I have a very long torso. Stripes look really good on me because they create the effect of a more proportionate torso. 


I love cowgirl boots, because they’re heavy-duty and you can wear them for anything… to work on a farm, or to church, or on a date. They're so versatile.

YT: Sleek t-shirts with jeans look great on tall girls with long torsos. 


 KinseyI made the headband. I'm a big believer in making things yourself versus. buying everything you want. GO AMERICA!

Where Kinsey found the look:
// Jeans (American Eagle clearance, $25) // Top (dressbarn, on sale, $18) // Headband (handmade) // Boots (Kohl's, on sale, $50) // 


YTOn to outfit two! I'm in awe of the beading and crochet pattern of this dress. 



Why does this work for your body shape?


Kinsey: It works because it hugs my long, smooth lines, making them look proportionate and sleek! 



YT: Very attractive. ;) 


Kinsey: It makes my hourglass shape shine without making me look too skinny.


I got the coat because it's classy and compliments almost everything in my wardrobe. 


The necklace is paua shell, from New Zealand. I got it at Hobby Lobby and made myself the necklace.


I practically live in boots! Equestrian-styled boots are flattering for long legs and they make excellent professional or date-night footwear. 

Where Kinsey got the look: 
// Dress (a gift) // Shrug (Kohl's, $3) // Boots (Famous Footwear, on sale, $35) // Necklace (handmade) // Coat (Plato's Closet, $12) // 

YT: Thank you, Kinsey, for being on the blog! Have a style tip for us before we end? 

Kinsey: Go to Dressbarn and Kohl’s if you’re looking for affordable clothing that works with an exceptionally long torso. They often have amazing stuff on clearance, so I always check there first. For taller ladies with a long torso, I suggest you smooth the hips and wear fancy stuff on top to accentuate your shoulders and chest.

This third installment of Women and their Wardrobes was such a pleasure. (Previous we spoke with Annie and Allie, all about rocking those curves.) Stay tuned for more real girl talk with Yours Truly about lifestyle wardrobes tailored to fit unique body shapes! 
Love,
Yours Truly 


No comments:

Post a Comment